The perfect word to describe my 2010 summer months. A forthcoming college adventure is about to take place, so God graciously granted me additional four months (in addition to the past 4 years of high school) to prepare for it. What steps have I undertaken to fulfill such a preparation?
- Well first of all, I conditioned my mind that I am no longer a high school student. By doing so I am telling myself that I must gradually diminish unprofitable traits, namely: complacency, lack of self-control and delayed obedience. Of course there are tons of other negative traits I want to take away, but based on personal experience, these evil minions are my worst enemies.
- After a mind conditioning, I caught up with one integral thing I lacked during most of my senior life: S-L-E-E-P. Unfortunately, my body got used to sleeping late and waking up early. Up to now I am still trying to reverse my body clock, if that is even possible. Or healthy. :O
- As always, there’s that wish and goal to maintain a healthy lifestyle. The cardio, muscle toning, fiber intake, carb subtraction, fruit indulgence (in reasonable amounts, of course), 8-10 glasses of water a day and all that healthy living cliche. And, as always, my maximum consistency was a matter of two weeks. After every ‘set’ of consistency is a week or weeks of deliberate lack of self-control. Now, I’m beginning my second set. Haha!
- Here’s my favorite: read 4 books. Besides the Bible of course, which I hope to finish by the end of the year for the 2nd time! I’ve got one down, three to go. I’ll read anything as long as it passes my 3 criteria: beneficial (whether mentally, spiritually, physically or a combination of those 3), informative and entertaining. I’ve read a Christian suspense novel by Frank Peretti called Monster.
- Review and study more about Microsoft Excel. Yesterday, I realized how little my knowledge and experience were with the said program.
- Befriend and establish relationships with people. Next to maintaining a healthy lifestyle, this is the most difficult. Not because I find it hard to talk to people, but because I’m dealing with the extremes. I can have the awesomest time with people and at the same time experience intense pain because of their actions.
Preparation. Man, I’ve got so much more to do! 🙂